This blog has moved to http://jenny-marie.co.uk!
Check out this post on the updated site here: http://jenny-marie.co.uk/monday-links-and-vlog-weekend-eats-16-may-2016
Ahoy blog chums! I hope you had a super duper weekend? Mine started out in a very rare and exciting manner: I put on a fancy frock and headed out with C to drink a couple of pale ales and watch the really very good Father John Misty (aka Josh Tillman) play at Manchester’s Albert Hall (which, by the way, was once the subject of an episode of Most Haunted….)
It was a super amazing performance, and a fun time was had by all. Tragically, my tonsillitis made a comeback on Saturday morning, so my vlogging plans were AGAIN thrown into disarray. I decided to forge on in a tremendously amateur fashion, and I have produced this video of very questionable worth. I totally suck at iMovie – please direct me to a chump-friendly iMovie tutorial?!
Perhaps now for some more meaningful content…? I’ve obviously been gettin’ super bodyposi this past week because I’ve collected quite a collection of links. I love the positivity of a couple of these; well worth checking out 🙂
Body positive/Fat positive
- After ‘The Biggest Loser,’ Their Bodies Fought to Regain Weight
- 14 Ways I Learned To Be A Happy Plus-Size Woman
- The big fat myths of our ‘obesity epidemic’
- Yet More Information About Why BMI Isn’t The Best Health Metric
- Ask Ashleigh: How Do You Handle the Backlash You Get for Being Fat and Visible?
- Lindy West on how to be a vibrant, happy fat woman
- Good food, bad food, and subversive food combining.
- The 50 podcasts you need to hear
- My Shirley Jackson Year
- Talk of a “post intersectional” utopia is bullshit
I hope this week treats you all kindly, my blog chums! I’m hoping to enjoy a tonsillitis free weekend very soon….