This blog has moved to http://jenny-marie.co.uk!
Check out this post on the updated site here: http://jenny-marie.co.uk/monday-links-and-weekend-eats-11-april-2016
HEY YOU GUYS. So, I’m trying out something a little new here. I come across so many great links online (even now I’ve quit Facebook) and I wanted to start sharing and logging them somehow. These range from the super sad and/or serious, to cute things, crafty things, human/animal (anthrozoology) things and more. Let me know what you think!
Animals & Humans
- Antarctic Birds Can Recognize And Hold Grudges Against Specific Humans
- Exploring Animal Grieving
- A Dog Will Always Tell You If He’s About To Bite
- What I Learned From Tickling Apes
- Jane Goodall on Science, Spirituality, and Our Highest Responsibility as Human Beings
Body Positivity / Fat Positivity
- The Science of Fat Shaming
- We Always Knew You Weren’t Plus-Size, Amy Schumer—But Did You?
- UNpodcast 143: UNradical (Virgie Tovar)
Crafty / Interesting
- What’s In Your Toolbox: Emillie Ferris (my current embroidery crush)
- 13 Groundbreaking Female Science Fiction and Fantasy Authors
- Think women seeking abortion in Northern Ireland have other options? Here’s the reality
- The feminist cupcake sale that led to death and rape threats
- Vegan Feminism: How The Masculinity Of Meat Degrades Both Women And Non-Human Animals
- What Vegans Study: First-of-Its-Kind UCSB Class Examines Intersection of Food, Philosophy, and Veganism
- New Crop – the vegan venture fund fighting for animal rights
- Ministers abandon plan to scrap farm animal welfare codes
- The Grand National is the UK’s bull-fighting – we need to dismantle this cruel industry once and for all
To add to this, I’m throwing in some of my weekend eats. I made baked oatmeal for the first time ever and it was super. A really great way to make a lazy oat-based breakfast if you don’t have a microwave!
I’m trying to put more fresh/whole foods in my body as well as I continue to periodically struggle with some gastro type symptoms. Along with knocking back super strong probiotics daily, this seems to be helping me battle the bloat a bit. My Sunday lunch was a whopper of a salad with chili tofu and SEEDS (behold my vegan brownie points….)